Meeting Minutes

DINNER MEETING 24 June 2019

If you missed this Meeting, here is what happened.

Our Speaker, Neil Parker gave a fascinating presentation about Camberley, Frimley and Bagshot in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries. Quite astonishing to see a series of old photo's and just how dramatic has been the development of our area in the last 100 years. Jim Burns in his Vote of Thanks, quite rightly congratulated Neil on giving us one of the best ever after dinner presentations and asked him to return on a future occasion.

Sashi announced that Gerald Bullock has resigned as Secretary and that John Carpenter has gallantly stepped up to be our new Secretary.

Social Report - John Devlin. Several summer events have been organised. Details are on the website

Fellowship Report - John Devlin updated us on Mickey Starbuck's recent hospital visit with fluid on the lungs. Hopefully he will be home today. David Bramley has experienced some further problems, so visitors are encouraged

Fundraising Report - David Rushmer (Absent). On David's behalf, Mike Mawtus stated that despite the new laws governing the issue of Collecting Licences, we are reasonably confident that we will be granted the as normal. Mike also commented on his campaign to find more drivers with a towbar and towing skills to supplement our own drivers. If you know anyone who might help, please put them in contact with Mike.

Demonstration of Website - Mike Mawtus demonstrated how to use and make the most of our new website. He announced that the Winner of the Find the Deliberate Mistake Competition was Paul Rozier who accepted a bottle of Champagne. A bottle of Red was awarded to Derek Overton for trying very hard but not quite spotting the mistake.

Next Meeting - 22 July 2019


FUNDRAISING MEETING JUNE 2019

1.LICENSES IN 2019 – David Rushmer ‘s discussions with Surrey Heath and Bracknell Forest about the new Collections Law were positive and it is probable that even though we are not a Charity we will be given Licenses as normal. Should this not eventually be the case, Plan B will be to ask one of the Charities to obtain the license with us as their Collection Agent.

2.STATUS OF 2019 PROGRAMME – Dates have been agreed already with Longacres (14.12), Waitrose Bagshot (21.12), and The Meadows (23.12). Sainsbury’s Watchmoor will probably be on 18.12 (TBC) and we are requesting a December date for Waitrose Frimley. Door to Door collections will probably be on 12, 17, 19 and 20th (TBC)

3.LESSONS FROM 2018 – Master Controller needed for Door to Door to ensure more efficient use of our resources. Minimum 4 collectors each session, Maximum 6. Drivers to be encouraged to follow the planned routes – Action M Franzkowiak and M Mawtus.

4.KatCanDo was reviewed as a possible Charity, but declined as did not fit our criteria.

5.ALLOCATION OF LEAD ROLES.

External Comms – M Mawtus

Float Maintenance – C Bamford

License Application – D Rushmer

Charity Selection Process – D Rushmer

House to House Routes – M Franzkowiak, M Mawtus. Action – assess Worsley Road

Banking and Electronic Payments – S Mylvaganam, J Bradford. Action – Find mobile phone for the float, Train operators in use of Contactless operation.

6.AOB – The most significant constraint on float collections is the availability of drivers with a tow bar and experience of towing. Action – M Mawtus to attempt to find new drivers from within or outside the Club

7.Attendees: MM.MF.CB.JJ.DR.


COUNCIL MEETING MAY 2019

Discussion / Action Points

Programme for coming year discussed including meeting dates, speakers, and social events. Mike and John to investigate. Programme to be issued when finalised.

Gerald to re-confirm meeting dates with CHGC including those that are still provisional. Gerald to ascertain from CHGC the notice period to cancel a meeting date without incurring and charges.

Agreed that new members will be asked to give a short talk about their background, previous career etc. at some of our meetings. Sashi to arrange this.

Walking Quiz – John Devlin to investigate this.

Organised Walk to be considered.

Ladies Lunch – agreed this should be organised again – Sashi to speak to John Carpenter – other venues to be investigated.

Sashi emphasised the need to attract new “younger” members to keep the dynamics of the club. This to be actively pursued this year. Action All Club Members.

Mike Mawtus – new position of Communications Officer- will be promoting the use of Facebook and Camberley 41 Club Website to all members. 

Jonathan Gray has given notice that he sadly has to resign from club after 30 years membership.